Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October Fun

While daddy was away on the Deer hunt, I decided to loan Sienna up and take her to Gardiner Village to the Wee Witches Weekend event. We met Aunt Nicki there and had so much fun!!! It was a little crowded but totally worth it... When Steve got home from hunting Sienna asked him if he wanted to come see the witches with her and get his nails painted...
She looks so big getting her "witches Nails" painted.
She also had a butterfly painted on her face!
Also that same weekend of the deer hunt, we decided to paint pumpkins. I got the idea off of Ashley's blog and they turned out so cute! Lucky for us, daddy came home from the hunt early and got in on the fun as well! I'm not sure if the pumpkin or the baby girl got more paint on them...


The finished product. I was going to put them on the porch but they turned out so cute I put them on the kitchen table.


This was at dance class. She wanted to wear her pumpkin shirt
And finally we decorated Halloween cookies... I am usually a better mom then using store bought frosting but this particular day I waited in line for 2 freaking hours to get the swine flu vaccine, only to be turned away when we got to the front of the line... Let's just say, standing in line for 2 hours while trying to entertain 2 toddlers was not the most relaxing way to spend an afternoon. I did not come prepared with snacks or things to play with, It's Kamas for heavens sakes, I really didn't think there would be that long of a wait. Needless to say, I just about put myself into labor and spent the night having horrible contractions 3 minutes apart!!!
We are so excited for Halloween. I haven't taken Sienna to get her pictures taken in her costume yet, but she looks so dang cute! Hopefully the snow will go away on Saturday so we can do a little trick-or-treating!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gardner Village is so much fun. Too bad we are stuck in Southern Utah and can't make it there. Have a good Halloween.

Kath said...

I am so impressed with your pumpkins! They are darling. You are such a good mom - sugar cookies, pumpkin painting, Gardners' Village...I need to follow your example and do more fun fall things with the kiddos!

Ashley Bogard said...

I love the pumpkins! Don't they turn out so good! I am totally stealing the stars next year! :) Sienna is just darling!

The Preece Family said...

Those are darling pumpkins! I love them - I'm going to have to steal your idea for next year. Also, Sienna's just a doll. She's growing up so much!