Sunday, October 11, 2009

Our Shawny Shawn











Shawn Vincent Sargent 1970 ~ 2009 On Tuesday, October 6, 2009 our son, cheerful companion and understanding friend, and pied piper of all children set aside the burdens he carried in this life, and stepped through the veil to greet those who had prededed him. He took one last look back, then one glance ahead to the open arms of family. Go with God young man!Shawn was born October 11, 1970. He is survived by his two beautiful daughters, Nyki and Sage, and their mother and friend, Paula. Parents, Jack and Barbara Sargent of Oakley; brothers: Stewart (Chandra), Coalville; Brian (Krista), Hoytsville; David (Clara), Kamas; Steven (Staci), Woodland, Paul (Ruby), Peoa; Jeffrey (Rashelle), Oakley; sisters: Angela (Mike) Cummings, Kamas; Marya (Chad) Wright, Chalk Creek; Lezlee (Mark) Goronson, Las Vegas, NV; and sister-in-law, Martha Sargent Stembridge, Peoa; and his "little buddies" 40 nephews and nieces, and 13 great nephews and nieces. Funeral service will be on Saturday at 12 noon in the Kamas LDS Stake Center, 3038 SR32 in Marion, Utah. Friends may call at the church on Friday evening from 6 to 8 p.m. and on Saturday one hour prior to the service.
**********************************
Well, It's been a rough week! Not going to go into too many details, I'm just going to say that Steve and I both woke up this morning feeling like we have been run over by a train... I get that things happen for a reason, I get there's a higher purpose and all of that... What I don't understand is how to console a husband who has now lost two brothers and a sister... It just seems so unfair! We love you Shawny-Shawn (as Sienna named him) We had so much fun with him this past year and will hold onto those memories as we continue without him. So here are the pictures of Steve and Shawn fishing two months ago. I promised to put them on the blog for those who wanted them. Please feel free to copy them and print off whatever you would like! I also just want to say that my in-laws are some of the most amazing people I have ever met. Their strength and views on life are something that I am going to strive to learn and will hope one day to have even 1/4 of the dignity and strength they have.

2 comments:

The Preece Family said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss Staci. What a difficult trial this must be for everyone to bear right now. Losing a loved one is probably the most difficult thing to deal with in life, and I hope you and Steve (and his family) can find strength and peace during this time as you try to cope with such a huge loss. We'll pray for you!

Ferrin Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you guys are comforted over the next few days as you deal with this loss. I'll keep you in my prayers.