Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When Daddy's Away... The Girls Will Play!


So I'm not going to start off this post by lying!!! I HATE hunting season. I try to pretend like I really enjoy it, but deep down I am only pacifying my husband by acting intrigued by the stories that he tells me. This year Steve had this brilliant idea to enroll in the dedicated hunter program. The way he explained it to me, was that he could hunt deer, with any weapon, during any of the weapon hunting periods... His thinking... If he could not make it out for the Bow hunt, he could just go on the Muzzle Loader hunt... If that one did not work out, heck he could go on the rifle hunt. The only thing that this actually did was PROLONG the hunting season! Instead of hunting two weeks out of the year he ends up hunting 6 weeks!(Because you have to throw in two weeks for the Elk Hunt) I really don't mind Steve going hunting. It's something that he really enjoys and I love for him to get to do stuff that he enjoys. It's just hard over the long weekend, home alone! I found another benefit to having my baby girl. Now I have somebody to actually hang out and play with me. We started the long COLD weekend off with a girls movie night. We popped popcorn and indulged in total chick flicks... (Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters and Finding Nemo.) We went and spent an hour with Aunt Tas & Emma, went shopping to try and find me a new pair of jeans (we totally failed) and made yummy treats all weekend long! Here's a few pictures we wanted to share with daddy to make him totally jealous of all the fun that we had.
Right after Steve left Sienna decided to dump the ENTIRE box of cheerios all over the floor!!!
Thank heavens for having my new Dyson! It's the best money I have ever spent and has literally saved my marriage. If you don't have one of these babies you NEED to get one!
We played dress up with bowls on our heads!
Ate Brownie batter! (Please don't lecture me on the dangers of un-cooked eggs!!!)
Played with a little styrofoam

Ate Chocolate pudding
This was taken before Steve left... Just had to throw it in because I just love this picture. Sienna LOVES to help daddy take the garbage out and bring it back in. She holds on the entire way out of the driveway. I smile every time I see them coming up the lane.
Drank peaches & Creame... Like a puppy! She practicing for Halloween!
Ate rice crispy treats. Yep, we pretty much ate A LOT of crap!
Played with the bunny Aunt Angie gave her for her birthday.
And finally daddy retunred to a sick baby who was up with a
104 degree fever... Welcome home Daddy!

Thankfully only two more weeks of hunting season!!! If it works out as planned I will have a nice
picture of a HUGE deer to post next week!

7 comments:

Kim said...

Oh the joys of being married to a hunter...Looks like you girls had a lot fo fun! Sorry she got sick, but I am sure Daddy can fix her...Daddys can usually do that!!! At least at our house!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Glad you two are able to spend some quality time together! I've never been big into hunting either! That's why I'm glad my husband isn't a hunter, because I'm not as nice as you are and would pacify him.

I'll bet she loved all the time she got to spend with just her mommy!

Kath said...

I can't believe how thick her hair is! I miss her! Can't wait to see you guys next week! Wanna hit the pumpkin patch on Friday?

Holmes Family said...

She is growing up so fast. Sounds like you had a fun weekened. Hopefully she's feeling better, and you too.

Nicklepickle said...

Cute pictures! I miss that baby girl. Tried calling you today. You never called me to hang out after you went to the gateway...

Giselle Rasheta said...

Yeah, those are some pretty good chick flicks. Although, I have to say with all the yummy treats you had I am surprised that you didn't eat cookie dough! I think you personally converted me to eating raw cookie dough. She is so cute. I can never get over it...

Celeste said...

Dan Sessions here. I found you from Rick and Olivia's website. Imagine my surprise! I see you named a daughter Siena! Cool, we named our first daughter Trieste. Check us out at sessionsadventures.blogspot.com