Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy 11 Years Babe...

Today is our 11th wedding anniversary.
I can't believe we have been married so long. I know I say that every year but it goes by so fast...
Unfortunately baby brother decided he wanted to try and make an early arrival. I wasn't feeling good Wednesday night and thought I was getting kidney stones. By 11:00 that night I was hovered over bawling in pain. We called the doc, were admitted to St. Mark and found out there were no kidney stones but I was in labor. My contractions were coming 1 minute apart and I'm pretty sure the look on Steve's face was priceless... I don't think he knew it was that bad when we left for the hospital. I just didn't want to be one of those people who showed up thinking something was going on when nothing was... Needless to say I was in a little trouble for lettng it go on as long as we did... At this point in the pregnancy they decided to let me contract and see what happened. I was far enough along to deliver but they were still nervouse to have him come this early. I contracted all night until about 9am with the help of morphine and then the two doctors taking care of me decided to shoot me up with a small dose of the drug to stop labor... Luckily after that, they stopped and the pain went away... I was sent home with orders to only get up to use the bathroom and that any tiny little contraction I would need to come back ASAP... I was told when it happens it's going to go fast because I'm so far along so I'm just praying I don't deliver this little guy at the top of Parleys. Lucky for me my doctor lives in Park City and she said she would just pull over, pop her hatch and deliver the kid right there... Personally, I would prefer to have the drugs... LOTS of drugs! Baby boy did great through all the stuff... He's a trooper... They were prepared to deliver him Wednesday night so everyone was surprised I didn't go... I just wanted him to have a little longer to get a little bigger... We're hoping to make it at least one more week but Steve is betting I don't make it past the weekend... He doesn't think I make a good bed rest person... But in the end, I have to do what's best for the baby... Who want to leave the hospital with their baby still in the NICU??? SO.... Pray for one more week, that's all I need... What a way to spend our anniversary... 11 years ago we were just coming out of the temple. Now, we're preparing for baby boys arrival... (Who still has NO NAME!!!)

7 comments:

Sargent Family said...

Happy Anniversary!
I can't wait for the little guy to come. sounds like your going to have your hands full.... He's already not listening to you. : )
Good Luck and let us know if you need anything.

emily said...

WOW. I went into preterm labor with my 2nd at 28 weeks, and had those drugs to stop contractions and put on strict bedrest. Labor again at 33 weeks...drugs again. 39 weeks came...and they ended up having to induce me. :) So, you never know! So long as he's healthy...that's what matters, right?! If he is born on Parley's, you'll have no choice but to name him Parley or Pratt! ha ha. GOOD LUCK!

Tasia said...

Oh Stac! I had no idea. You poor thing. I don't think anyone is a good bedrest person. But especially someone who is the mother to Bienna! Can she come have a play day one day this week? Maybe that could help make things a bit easier.. At least for a day.

The Crystal's said...

Staci, my heart goes out to you. How does bed rest work when you already have a little one at home needing and wanting you. Please take care of yourself and baby brother. Let us know if we can help with anything, we live so far away.

Webster Family said...

EXCITING!!! but....keeping my fingers crossed for one more week. can't wait to talk baby boy talk with you. they are so much fun.

The Preece Family said...

Wow! Hang in there - I'm sure you're ready to finally meet your little baby boy though...but it's probably good he has a little more time in the "oven". :) Oh - and good luck on the name part...it was SO HARD for us too!

Traci said...

I'm checking every day for updates. I hope you are doing okay. Good luck and let us know how it does. I'm dying to hear!