Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baseball Games & Ear Piercings...

So we took Sienna for her 6 month check with Dr. Larsen yesterday... She weighed in at an enormous 14.1 pounds putting her in the 20% for her weight and she was 27 1/4 inches tall putting her in the 75% for her height... Of course being the mother that I am I made Steve hold her for the shots while I escaped the room so I didn't have to hear her scream... Funny story to that. When I lived in Logan I worked for a pediatrician and when moms would make us go in and hold there babies during the shots I would always laugh at them... Now looking back I feel really bad that I laughed at those moms. Now having a child of my own there is nothing worse then seeing there little face as they get the shots. So Steve has had to be there for every well baby check. After her check I decided to just really be a mean mom and I took her to get her ears pierced. She screamed harder at getting her ears pierced then she did when she got FOUR shots... How can that be? Then after I would get her calmed down she would look at the lady who pierced them and start screaming again! It was horrible... BUT I have to say they look pretty cute in the little tiny ears!!! My grandparents are going to kill me but luckily Kati paved the way when she pierced Haleigh's at 6 months as well... THANK YOU KATI!!!!
The night before the big shot and earing ordeal we took Sienna to watch Uncle Paul play baseball. She loved it and sat and laughed at her cousin Alyssa all night~ She loves Paul. She would cry every time Paul gave her back to Steve and I. He really hated it, i'm sure!!! She has Uncle Paul wrapped around her tiny finger just like the rest of us!

5 comments:

Kati said...

You are very welcome! Now...you can join me, when we both get told that babies aren't born with holes in their ears...so they don't belong there! HEE HEE! That second picture with Steve and Sienna is soooooo stinkin cute! She is the most beautiful baby! But....I know that you already know that!!!!
Kati

Tasia said...

That is so cute. I haven't dared take Emma yet for the same reason... "If God wanted that baby to have holes in her ears they would have come out that way." I get the same grandparent lectures.

The Richards family said...

I can not believe your baby is 6 months old either. I remember going in to get my eyes checked and you telling me you were pregnant. I love the earings!!! I know what you mean about the shots, I used to give shots to babies and the first 6 months Addey had her shots I had my mom go to hold her. And sorry to tell you the next 6 months will not go any slower,she will be a year before you know it. Hey will our girls be in the same grade? my baby just turned 1 in June. I hope you don't mind me drooping a random note I saw your blogg from my aunt Billie Sue blogg.

Callister said...

Your daughter is the epitome of beautiful baby. And I love her little earrings. So adorable! It's so good to see you are happy and well. I hope you don't mind that I viewed your blog. I found you via Jenny Smoot's blog.

Nicole Callister (formerly Foust)

Chelsea Johnson said...

She is so cute--I love pierced ears on little girls--its probably a good thing I'm having a boy because my husband already vetoed the earring thing if it were a girl!