Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Officially Broken...

The results are in...
She has a Distal Tibia Fracture of her Right leg, Salter Harris Type 1...
I literally broke my daughter...
Last night was the worst night she has had to date...
At 1:07 a.m. I hear from her bedroom...
"Mamma, my yeg hurts..."
"Mamma, Come here..."
I went in and brought her downstairs to watch Mickey Mouse & Dora...
She fell back asleep & again and at 3:37 a.m.
I hear the same thing...
"Mamma, my yeg hurts."
When I went in this time the cast was cutting into the top of her leg.
I feel horrible. She's pretty much mastered the army crawl. She crawls around dragging her right leg behind her. Dr. Dave assured me she will be fine but it still sucks knowing you damaged your daughter...
6 Weeks!!!
No more Gymnastics for baby girl!!!
She will be so sad, she asks for "Nastics" every time we hit the Kimball junction exit!

3 comments:

jill said...

Two precious princesses, you and Seinna......Good Luck,
It is so hard to have someone you love hurt and not be able to take the hurt away. You are one the BEST moms ever. I am sending you lots of hugs through the airways!! Let me know if we can do anything
Love ya lots,
Gma Jill

The Preece Family said...

Oh, that is terrible!! I'm so sorry. It is the worse feeling when your child is hurt or sick --- poor thing! We all know you're the best mom though - don't worry about that! I hope she makes a speedy recovery! PS - Can't wait to see the Hawaii pics. Speaking of, I still need to post ours...from last AUGUST! :)

Kath said...

Oh, Stac! This is soooo not your fault! It is the %$&*% snow and cabin steps! No one if more careful with their little one than you are! Crap happens, unfortunately! But you are definitely not to blame!