Monday, February 2, 2009

Sad Baby Girl

Worst Mother Ever Moment...
We had a great trip to Kauai... It was amazing!!! Best Island ever, and I plan to return again and again... We got home yesterday morning and last night we drove to Kamas & Sienna was asking to go to "the Beach" she doesn't quite get that we're back in the snow. We got out to go into the store and she said... "Daddy, it's freezing cold..." So I took 12 rolls of film and can't wait to get them back!!!
So, on our way to work this morning I was packing Sienna, Baby, Binky, Blanky, & the computer. When I stepped on our first step outside it hadn't been shoveled for a week and had ice all over it and I fell so hard, I tried to move her to the front but landed on her foot... It was horrible. She immediately started screaming and wouldn't let me put her down. We went to the office and she wouldn't put weight on it at all. If you touched it she started screaming and babied it all day. Tonight we took her to the ER & the doctor came it and touched it and it hurt her so bad she chucked her crayons and binky at him and gave him the Sargent Scowl.... He isn't sure if its broke or not, the radiologist with read the x-ray in the morning but he casted it anyway... She has a cast up to her bum... It was the hardest moment in her life to date for me... Seriously, I literally crushed my baby girls foot...


She mad us wrap her left foot in the picture, but it's really only the right foot that's hurt... They told me to try and keep weight off it... So far, she won't even put her foot down when we stand her up... Wish me luck on keeping my VERY ACTIVE almost two year old off her foot for the next week!!!

4 comments:

jill said...

Oh poor baby and mom. I think sometimes it is hardest for the parent. How are you after the fall? hope you are not broke also. Glad everyone had a good time and back safe.
Love ya all,
Gma Jill

Stephanie said...

How sad! I am so sorry (for both of you) Good luck this week!

Kath said...

Poor little princess! And poor Mommy, too! What a bummer. Just what you needed, right? SOOOO not your fault...but I totally understand where you are coming from. Kiss her for us and I wish I were there to give you a hug, too!

Tasia said...

Oh Ruby told me. Honestly I am as sad for you as I am for Sienna Bienna!! That is so sad and you poor thing I bet you about died. But no worries you are a wonderful mommy and she is lucky to have you!