Friday, November 9, 2007

The Accident that almost was...

So I really wanted to get pictures to go along with this post... But we are not going to Kamas for a couple of days so I will have to add them later... So now that it has been a few days and the dust has settled from the traumatic event, I can write about it... Here's what happened!

The Civic died again so we were borrowing my dads truck... Let me just state that in the past month and a half the Washer, Dryer, Laptop computer, office computer, truck and Civic have all broke down... On Tuesday night I told Steve that the truck was acting a little funny and making a weird noise. He was planning on driving it home the next night to see if he could figure out what was going on. The following day Sienna and I were driving to the office. When we started going down the hill off the Jordanelle the tire decided to come off... I'm not talking about the tire blowing out I'm talkin the whole entire wheel and rim came off... I was going pretty fast about 60-65 miles per hour... I'm no exactly sure how I got control of the huge truck but by some miracle I was able to get it stopped.... A guy who was coming in the opposite direction as me saw it happen and turned around to come and help me. When he got there I was shaking and crying so bad I couldn't even get Sienna out of the truck. He told me that he was shocked I didn't roll the truck and that he was just waiting for the truck to flip over. The rim that was holding the tire on somehow cracked in half and I grinded the roater down about an inch in the process of stopping. When the tow truck guy came to get the truck he told me that I should count my lucky stars that I was still alive... I just can't imagine what I would have done if something happened to Sienna... It was so freaky... I have only been in one other accident prior to this and that is when I totaled the car while putting lotion on my legs and drove into the ditch. That wreck was pretty scary but this one beat it! When you have a tiny little person in the truck depending on you to take care of them everything seems that much worse!
So that is my story... It may not seem that scary but let me tell you, when that rim popped off and the truck started shaking so bad I don't even know how I did it... The guy that helped me told me that he was SHOCKED that a woman took such control of the vehicle like that... Personally I don't think I had anything to do with it... After that happened the song "Jesus take the Wheel" kept running through my head over and over again... I NEVER want to experience that again... Good thing I'm going to primary!!!

7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Shut up I cannot even believe that story. I know a lot about tires and wheels and I CANNOT believe that you walked away from that!!! You are a much safer driver than I am because I usually drive about 75-80 down that hill. You were definitely being watched over! Obviously you have a REAL purpose here and Sienna is just part of that plan! Have the greatest time ever in Disney Land! I expect the cutest pictures ever! Don't let me down.

michelle said...

OH my HE DOUBLE, that makes me sick to my stomach just reading about that. Seriously that is my worst nightmare to have something like that happen. You must have a few gardian angels, just a few....I think it might be time to get that ford focus you were talking about. Or there is always other options, rollerblades, a bike with a baby seat. Hehe... Glad everything worked out for the best.....

Brooke said...

Wow! How scary! I am glad that you and your beauty are both safe and sound. Aren't you grateful for divine intervention? It definitely makes you more aware of your personal plan here on the earth.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Oh my gosh Staci! That is so scary. I always have considered myself the best driver because I have never even been in an accident or even close, but last spring I went into a spin driving down the freeway when it was snowing and my car went spinning off the side of the road. Nothing happened to me, but it was the most scared I have ever been in my life, and I just started bawling my eyes out once I finally stopped. That doesn't even compare to your story, so I don't think I could've handled that situation at all. You're very lucky and I'm so happy nothing happened to you and that precious little girl!

Kati said...

So glad you are okay. I am also glad that you are getting a new car soon! You deserve it! Things happen so fast. I am glad I still have my sis and my beautiful niece!

Billie Sue said...

Ahhh, it is an absolute miracle you are alive and well to tell this tale. My holy moly---it truly is divine intervention when something like that happens. You have a purpose for being here and I'm thankful you do!

Madysin Leavitt said...

Mady came home from school last week and told me all about your accident. Your mom is a student teacher in her class and mady talks about her all the time, she's going to be a great teacher. When your mom recieved a phone call about your accident Mady was sent to go find her. Your mom came back to class pretty shook up. Mady was very concerned. I'm glad that you and Sienna are okay. It must have been terrifying. Love the hunting pictures.