Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thankful

***Kati, Do not Allow you're boys to read this post!!!! Spoiler alert for DL!!!***


So this past Sunday I had to teach a Sharing Time Lesson on Being Thankful for our Families.
After the VERY HORRIBLE day that I had... (I can't really go into details on what happened right now... Every time I think of it and think how worse it could have been I start crying and get really sick to my stomach... So I will save that for another day...) But getting back to my point. It's very important to tell you're family how Thankful you are to have them. While preparing for my lesson I found a quote.

WHY
"I'm grateful for a lot of things,
But I forget to say
How much I like my mother's meals,
Or what Dad does each day.
To help me with my homework
Although he's busy too
Or Praise my "sis" for doing chores
That I'm supposed to do.
Yet when it comes to telling them,
I'm tongue-tied as can be.
I wonder why it is so hard
to thank my family?"

So even though this applies to younger kids, I think it holds true to when you get older. So since I almost died today... (And No... I'm not being Staci Dramatic) I want to say a little thank you...

Thank you to my husband, who loves me for who I am... Who can handle and calm me down like no one else can do!!!

Thank you do my Daddy... He's pretty much the most amazing man on this planet... How did I get so lucky to get a father like you?

Thank you to my mom... I am so proud of you for finishing school... You really will be a great teacher... Even if I get annoyed by hearing you say that you are going to "FAIL" a test when we all know you'll get an "A"...

Thank you to My big Brother Cody... Thanks for being you... You sure make cute kids!!! I'm thankful that we went to school in Oregon together... We'll never have those times again to hang like we did while being POOR college students...

Thank you to my sister Kati... You're a great big sister. You do so many things... I will never be able to repay you for all that you have done... And You make cute kids!!!

Thank you to my Baby Sister... You are my best friend. You know I love you and even though I threw you away when you were little, I'm pretty glad that you're in our family...

Thank you to my Grandparents who worry all the time... I can't imagine having a life with out you. How lucky was I to have such attentive Grandparents?

But thanks to my Brother-in-law Mat and Sister-in-law Kathryn... My siblings got so lucky to find such perfect matches...

So like I told my Primary Kids... Tell you're family how Thankful you are to have them... Leave them a little note, do something nice... Just MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM!!! Because ANYTHING can happen...


ONE WEEK UNTIL DL!!! (We have to use a code word because Kati's kids don't know about the trip yet!!!)



6 comments:

Kath said...

I am calling you right now to find out what happened! Hope you're OK. And your post is so cute.

Little Bit Of Utah's Own said...

YEAH for DL!!! My kids are going to flip! YIPEEEEE!

Kati

Little Bit Of Utah's Own said...

Oh....and thanks for being thankful!
Kati

michelle said...

First I just want to Thank YOU for reminding us to be Thankful, we tend to forget . And those pictures of Sienna are Beautiful, she is so flippen cute. I want one of those hats for Sophia can you order them online? Sorry you had such a crappy day.....Hope all is well now....I can't wait to see your pictures of good ole' DL . Kinda jelous.

Billie Jo said...

You are such a great person! I feel so much better after reading your post. I am thankful for a lot of things as well that I don't take the time to express. I want to know what happened to you though? Hope that DL is great!!! I am sooooo jealous!

Billie Sue said...

Staci, you sweetheart! You made me cry. I think it is so cute of you to thank all those you love and such an appropriate time of year to do it. I am curious at what happened as well, so I will keep checking your blog until you tell us the story. I am, however, VERY happy you are alive to be so thankful! I am thankful to have had a cute little neighbor girl like you to know and love.