Thursday, November 1, 2007

One Year Ago...

One Year Ago.... I learned that the baby I was carrying was a girl... We thought for sure it was going to be a boy... We called it a boy from the beginning... Needless to say, we were a LITTLE shocked!!!
One Year Ago... I finally let myself believe that the baby I had been carrying for 5 months was actually going to make it here... (before the 5 month mark we didn't talk much about the baby)
One Year Ago... My older sister through me the most amazing baby shower with all the people who have known me since I was a little girl... Helping solidify the fact that this baby was actually going to make it here...
So tonight on my drive home from Provo, a song came on the IPOD that stopped me in my tracks... Let me give a little back story. The path to bringing Sienna into this world was a little tough. Steve and I have been married 9 years this December... We have REALLY tried for a baby for 7 of those years... After losing 5 babies I never thought one little girl could erase all the pain and suffering we had gone through. People say that the trials that you go through always happen for a reason and you learn from each of those trials... I'm still not sure the lesson that I learned from all the losses, but I do know that I love this baby girl more then anyone can even imagine... After each loss the hardest thing for me to do was tell my little husband. To look into his face and tell him the news pretty much killed me every time. For those of you who don't know Steve very well, you should know he was born to be a father. I know secretly how bad he was hoping for a boy. He wanted a little Steve-O running around. He wanted to take him fishing and hunting and teach him how to play sports and do all the things that he loved to do... So when we found out it was a little girl, we still didn't believe it was really going to come out a girl. Sargent boys are really good at making boys but not too many girls. Steve didn't seem disappointed about the news but I knew deep down he was a little bummed about the outcome. So tonight, driving home the Carrie Underwood song "All American Girl" came on. After hearing the first line of the song I broke down crying. My baby girl was sleeping next to me and I looked over at her and couldn't believe that the song playing on the radio fit so well... Here are the lyrics...

Song lyrics All-American Girl lyrics

So after that emotional night I just have to say that I am glad we got this baby girl. She really is the center of Steve's world. From the beginning when I was still pregnant with her, he would walk in the door and start talking and she would start kicking... I was told that when she was born and Steve started talking she turned her head and looked up to find her daddy... She knew that voice... The voice that talked to her every night while in my belly... The voice who will protect her and guide her through her entire life and worship the ground that she walks on... Because those of you who have seen Steve with his Sienna... You know that she has him wrapped around her little finger!!! How lucky am I... I feel so BLESSED! And She was for sure WORTH THE WAIT!!!







7 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Way to make me cry! I love my girls and Tim is such a great dad to them. I am so glad that you got Sienna. You deserve all the beauty and charm that she gives!

Kath said...

Steve is an awesome daddy...and you are an awesome mommy. I know you feel so lucky to have Sienna...and she is very lucky, too!

Brooke said...

Occasionally I stalk your blog to see those cute pictures of your little Sienna. I just have to say--Tasia had told me a little of your trials trying to have a baby and my heart broke for you. I am SO glad that you have such an adorable baby girl to love forever!

Brooke (Wilde) Woolstenhulme

The Preece Family said...

Staci - I had no idea that you went through THAT MUCH to have little Sienna! Reading that totally made my day - and what a great song that is! It fits perfectly. Thanks for sharing that --- I'm so happy for you that you finally had your dreams come true. You deserve it! :)

slymer said...

Hey Staci- I remember Kath burning all those CD's for your shower- can you believe it was a year ago? Kath was so glad they could plan the shower just far enough away from her due date so that she could drive up to help. I think that everyone was so exicted for you, WE were and I know you mostly through Kath.. When are you coming to Vegas so I can see her in person? Oh- and since we are hopefully done, I will totally give you that skirt if you really want it when Rowan grows out of it. I bought it for Ellie at gymboree like 2-3 years ago. Anyway, she IS darling and I want to see her!

Callister said...

WOW! She is a little miracle! I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion. I had no idea what you guys went through to get that cute girl here. You are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing. My heart is going to burst!

P.S. I love that song...

michelle said...

Okay I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. These lil ones truley are such a blessing. And how LUCKY we are to be able to have them in our lives. I am sorry for your hurt and pain that you had to go through. Just think of those 5 lil angels watching over you today. And savor every moment you have with that beautiful baby.....SOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!