Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Girl

February 27, 2008

Happy Birthday baby girl. I can’t believe how great this last year has been, but am surprised at how fast it went. One year ago I was trying everything I could to get you to come out. I swear if we didn’t force you out you would still be hanging out inside my belly, kicking every 10 seconds. I will never be able to tell you how much we wanted you. I can honestly tell you that you were the most wanted child ever. I loved being pregnant with you. You were so active and that is exactly what I needed. There was one day that you hadn’t moved for an hour and I almost had a heart attack thinking something had happened. I made your dad yell at my belly to get you to move. You always became very active the minute your dad walked in the door and you heard his voice. You had such a bond before you even met him. When you were born I don’t remember much. You could have made the birth a little easier but of course being the little drama queen that you are, you had to make your grand entrance in a very dramatic way, with two doctors, 3 nurses and the entire neo-natal team waiting for you. I didn’t see you for long before you were whisked away. The only thing I remember is your daddy telling me you had A LOT of black hair. It was a weird feeling laying in the recovery room alone. You had been a part of my daily life for the past 10 months and now you were gone. When I finally saw you I couldn’t believe how beautiful you were. You had your big bright eyes open and was holding your head up on your own. Bringing you home in a huge blizzard was the best day of my life.

This first year has gone so fast, you’re walking and talking and sassing me every day. How can you go from a tiny baby to this little diva in such a short time? I am amazed at how much of me you have in you. Sometimes I feel like I am looking in the mirror and I often find your daddy shaking his head at the little personality you show us, saying “how can I handle two of you”? I secretly love it when you wake up in the middle of the night. I doesn’t happen to often and I love to go in and cuddle you for a while. It’s the only time that you actually cuddle back. My favorite time with you is in the morning. I love putting you in bed with me and playing for a good 20 minutes before I actually wake up. I wish I could push pause and keep you at this stage forever. I know I say that about every stage, but this one is my favorite. I am looking forward to so many things with you and can’t wait to see you become a little toddler. Thank you for making my life so much better. I can honestly say, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you baby girl! Happy Birthday!!!

Newborn picture that the hospital took
Daddy & his hour old Princess
Grandpa & Mee-mah with 2 hour old Sienna
Aunt Nicki visiting 10 hour old Sienna
2 Days
5 Hours
1 Week
6 Weeks
1 Month
2 Months
3 Months
4 Months
5 Months
6 Months
7 Months
8 Months
9 Months
10 Months
11 Months
12 Months

14 comments:

Hilary said...

that is the sweetest entry. :) brought some tears to my eyes...hmmm your entry makes me want to have a baby. :) She sounds like the greatest little thing ever. I love the diva behavior. Nothing wrong with a strong woman, that's for sure

Anonymous said...

This is the best post yet! It has been such a fun ride to watch Sienna grow this year. She has grown into quite an entertainer, as well as growing more beautiful everytime I see her! I love her very much and know that the best is yet to come with that little princess!

Happy Birthday Pretty!
Love YA! The BLOGstalker

Kath said...

Stac-She has been the cutest thing ever since the day she was born. She never went through the "awkward" newborn stage. I love her little personality...She will totally lead Brookie into all sorts of trouble. It will be so fun to watch and maybe some day we will actually love close enough to get to watch more often!

Kath said...

I meant LIVE close enough. Hello...proof reading is a good idea.

Allison said...

Awww, what a cute little girl! I loved seeing all the pictures of her as she has grown.

michelle said...

Man I got alittle teary reading this. It really isn't fair how fast they grow. But just remember how lucky we are to have these sweet things forever!. I hope she had a great birthday. Seinna you are Beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

I guess I have a lot to look forward to. Your entry made me very teary... mommy Staci is the best. Congratulations on that adorable girl and all the great firsts you will experience for the rest of her life!

The Preece Family said...

That was the sweetest and most sincere post. I can understand why you are so in love with her --- she is an angel! And it seems like it was yesterday that I was looking at those earliest pictures for the first time when you sent out her announcement over the email...now she's a year old??!! Just wait until next year --- it just gets better, and better, and better! (Except for potty training... :) ). Happy Birthday Sienna! Hope you all had fun celebrating...

Natalee Maynes said...

This is such a cute post--I love it!! Those pictures are killer! Sienna is so beautiful and I hope she turns out like you--she will be fantastic. She will so love reading this when she grows up. XOXO

Tahnie said...

Sienna is so lucky to have such adoring parents! She is so beautiful and I love that she is sassy. That's my kind of gal!

Sydney said...

She is SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sienna! It really is crazy how quickly they grow and how time flies! They truly do change your life for the best in so many ways!

Katie Ann said...

Staci,

Aunt Nat here! Got your blog from Ali and I am so happy to see little Sienna. She is totally a little Staci, but with more clothes on! Really, she is gorgeous...

I love reading about Ali and Brandon and following their links to Steph and Shane and now you guys! Tell your mom and dad hi and your dad is a famous in Utah Business Mag!

Love you!!!

Aunt Nat

Traci said...

Oh Staci, she is so beautiful. Happy Birthday Sienna! This is such a cute post. Time goes by so fast! Can you believe it’s been a year since she was born? You are such a cute Mom, Sienna is lucky to have you.