Monday, January 28, 2008

The Best Sight...


How Great would it have been to witness this reunion??? What a bittersweet moment and amazing time in Church History. I was asking Steve tonight how they appoint a new Prophet. I was to little when the last one happened. It is an amazing time to be alive, and be a part of this great church. Last night I was on the phone with my sis Kati when she told her 8 year old the Prophet had passed away... The tone of his voice said it all. All he said was "he did" and I could imagine all the thoughts going through his little mind.
This next Sunday is my last Sunday is the Primary Presidency. It has expanded my testimony in more ways then I ever thought possible. I am grateful to have had the chance to work with the young kids of the church. But I am also grateful to have served my time and get to spend time with my husband and daughter on Sunday... We love you President Hinckley!!! What a great time for you!!!

2 comments:

Billie Sue said...

What a beautiful testimony and tribute to our great Prophet. We will all miss him so dearly, but I was so happy for him to know of the beautiful reunion with his dear Marjorie. Reading your words just reminded me or what a beautiful young woman you are and how well you have been taught. It was so good to see you the other night. The fun and games continued last night, but I think in the end, all is well! We are waiting on the completion of the survey from the engineers -- the weather is holding them up a bit, but we are ready to go! Thanks for your comments, Steve -- very appropriate!

Callister said...

My thoughts exactly! When my husband I first heard about Pres. Hinckley's passing, I said, "He gets to see Marjorie again!" We DO live at an amazing time! Thanks for your post!