Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Grandpa's Legacy Award

I am about 3 weeks behind Kati in the posting department. I wanted to put a little something on my blog about my Grandpa's Legacy Award he received. My grandpa has been in the cattle business for a very long time. I can't say exactly how many years... (If I said how many years I would be kicked out of the family...) But now that I think about it, I have been kicked out of the family more times then I can count... Actually, I think we should review the reasons I have been kicked out of the family... Or more precisely, the Family Will...

1. When I decided I wanted to show a Lamb instead of a Steer at the Spanish Fork Livestock show. I just have to say, I HATED showing steers. Those things were HUGE and they could drag be up and down the road. Even after the many years of showing steers I never learned to like it. On a side note. Every year my dad would swear the ENTIRE time we were working with the steers that "we would never do this again..." And every year another steer miraculously showed up!!!

2. The Day I became A Cheerleader I was kicked out of the family.

3. The day I became "Boy Crazy"

4. The day I called Grandpa to tell him I had decided to get married on December 4th. (That was the first weekend of the National Finals Rodeo, for hells Sakes...."

5. The Actual day I married "Big Trouble"

And I am sure there has been many more times I have been kicked out of the will and there will be many more times to come. I think I am currently still in the family, only because I have a cute baby.

So I really love my Grandpa. He's the craziest man I have ever met!!! And I am crazy proud of this old Man. I am glad we got to be there when you received the legacy award. It was fun to see your stunned reaction... We will never be able to express how proud we are to be your Granddaughters.

Grandpa, Click on the above picture to make it bigger... I will get this printed to add to your scrapbook.
Sienna wasn't enjoying the long speeches given at the awards ceremony. BUT, She did like Grandpa's Speech.
And She LOVED the free food she mooched off Grandpa Seth.
She loved playing with Nana
I had to throw in the Haleigh picture... I'm not really sure what she was mad about!!! Where is the "DEEEEEEZ" Girl?

5 comments:

Kati said...

She is mad cause I told her to give me that damn binkie! Seriously...that thing has got to go! She is only using it at bed/nap time now...so we are making progress....

You got some great pictures! I should send you some of mine and you can do a whole layout for his scrapbook. You are so good at that now! I am so proud of you!!!

Kati

Kati said...

Oh....and yes, you have been kicked out of the family several times....but see those big eyes on that baby of yours??? That is how you worked YOUR way back in! She is lucky she got that trait from you. She will always be able to work her way back in too!
Kati

Chelsea Johnson said...

Well its a good thing they let you stay in the family because of Sienna....she is such a cutie, I'll bet you could probably get away with a lot and stay in. That is really neat about your Grandpa--itsn't it great to come from such amazing people!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you said you were creative....I think not! That is one impressive layout. You are so dang good! I love the picture of Haleigh pouting. I can just imagine what she is thinking, but if her mother thinks she is giving up up binkie without a fight....just look at that face. The one of Sienna looks like she just got caught doing something she isn't suppose to. I'll say it again. That is one beautiful baby.

Love ya bunches! The BLOGstalker

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe I should proof read my posts before submiting them. I meant to say "You said you WEREN'T creative" NOT you said you were creative. I am so sorry. I think you are the greatest and I will stop explaining now.
I am sorry. The BLOGstalker.