Friday, January 11, 2008

Sienna's First Official Eye Exam & Another Car Accident...

We've had a very busy week... Let's just start off by me wrecking my brand new car... I am NOT having very good luck with cars... We were on our way to my dads birthday party on Tuesday. We were driving on 1-15 near 90th south and the traffic slowed down, so I slowed down... Then I was nailed from behind by 2 freaking cars... It was not a very fun day. My mom and Sienna were in the car with me and we were hit pretty hard. So now, my new cute car is totally wrecked and both insurance companies won't take responsibility for fixing my car and I am TICKED!!!! The wreck was not my fault, they should fix my car... So, I've been a little emotional lately... I guess maybe A LOT emotional... But, Luckily, everyone is okay, nobody was hurt, aside from a few sore muscles, so I should feel lucky that we were all okay. My dad took pictures but I haven't had him email them to me yet, I will have to post the pictures from the wreck... I'm pretty much scared to death to drive now. I had to go to Salt Lake on Thursday and I didn't dare take Sienna with me because I thought I would get in another wreck... Between last month when the entire wheel split in half and fell of the truck, and now this wreck, I think my share of wrecks should be OVER!!! We did have a great dinner after the hour and a half cop ordeal. My dads birthday was great and I think he enjoyed himself. I have cute pictures from that as well but haven't taken them in to get developed yet. It was fun to have the family together to celebrate his birthday. We missed my brother and his family hopefully one day they will live closer!!!


Daddy showing his baby girl the light he was going to use to check her out...
Looking for brain tumors... Or Retina Cancer...
Making sure she doesn't need glasses.

Sienna had her first official eye exam. She did so good. She looked so big sitting in the exam chair and I was so proud of her. She has great eyes... (Probably the only GOOD thing she actually got from me.) and now she's off the hook for another year. Those of you who are new parents there's a really cool program that the American Optometric Association is pushing called the Infant See program... It entitles you to one free eye exam during your child's first year of life... I encourage everyone to get their babies eyes checked during the first year... It can save you from a lot of future problems... They can catch all sorts of things during the first year so PLEASE get them checked.... ClickHERE to find a participating doctor.

7 comments:

Kati said...

She does look so big in that chair! I should have had my kid's eyes checked...just one more thing...it is really important though. Will you please make appointments for all my kids???

Love ya!
Kati

Oh...and the car accident was totally not your fault! It will all work out...I promise!

Brooke said...

Wow! What a bummer about the wreck. I hope everything works out and those sneaky insurance companies pay what they owe you! Hang in there! (And what adorable pictures of Sienna and her Daddy!)

McNeil Family said...

You are right, our blog updating is embarrassing. Unfortunately, I probably won't be updating too frequently until after I take the Utah bar. Anyway, I remember when I used to drive back and forth from Kamas to Logan, I would pass some kind of army surplus store in Ogden. You may want to check it out and see if they have an old tank or some other type of armored vehicle that you could purchase (have someone drive you up there of course).

Kath said...

I totally meant to get Brooke's eyes checked before we left Utah! Ugh! Now she is past a year old. Can we still do it? Otherwise, she will need to schedule an official eye exam with Uncle Steve when she comes back up.

Tasia said...

I heard about the car wreck. That sucks!!! You will have to keep us updated on the insurance thing. I am with you, someone should be responsible and have to pay. I was under the impression that if you were rear ended it was never your fault. Anyway, love all the pictures. She is so freaking cute.

michelle said...

Okay what the heck? I feel terriable about your cute car? can you get it fixed.... That SUCKS!!!!
Glad you are all okay.. People are idiots. they were probably all on there cell phones and not paying attention...
So is there any doctors Steve would reccommend in Utah county?
And I am a little scared to see that picture. Oh boy! Is it the bona signs cheer picture? GO BONA SIGNS!!!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Please just hire a personal chauffer from now on! I do not want you to get in any more accidents. I'm glad she was so great for her eye exam--I will have to check out that website. You are lucky to have such a great dad--aren't they the best!?! And I don't remember if I commented on the swaddling thing or not, but thats hilarious that she still has to be swaddled! Jack wanted nothing to do with it, even though I tried time and time again. Oh well! His favorite thing now is to hold a blanket up to his face while he's falling asleep--or even put it over top of his face, then I have to go in and move it when he's asleep! Its pretty funny the things they learn at such young ages!