Saturday, September 8, 2007

I can Think Of So Many Things I would have rather done on Saturday...

So just like the title of the post says... I really can think of a million other things I could have done today instead of spending 4 hours in the ER with my husband... I received the call at 1:30 from my little hubby... He decided he wanted to pretend like he was a logger again and was helping his brother cuts some trees down... Well, a log fell on top of his head and somehow hurt his finger as well... When he called me he "conveniently" left out the part of a log landing on top of his head. When he got in the car and I asked him which hospital we should go to, he stated we probably needed to go to the "U" because they would need to take a look at his head as well. That's when I saw the blood... His finger looked so gross. It was so bent out of place that it didn't even look like a finger. After x-rays to confirm it wasn't broken they came in, numbed it up and popped it into place... The first attempt was un-successful because a student was trying to do it and she just didn't have enough strength to get it pushed back in so the PA had to do it. His head was fine, he just has a massive goose egg on it and a major headache... So I am just grateful it wasn't worse then it was... Thanks to Nicki and Nate for coming to get the baby girl so I didn't have to entertain her at the ER... Hopefully next time he tries to be a logger he will remember this... (Really you would have thought after cutting his finger off, that he would realize what a dumb idea it was to go cut trees down.) Here's the gash on his head... The little black thing on the top is bark...
Finger
It really was so gross... You should have seen the X-Ray
Legally flipping people off...
So that was my day... Ever since he turned 31 he has really been falling apart... It's a good thing we have life insurance on him now... So I just noticed that you can see both logging injuries on this picture... Notice the cut off thumb!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote you be a doctor and not a logger. You are worth too much to play in the trees....Are we going to have to wrap you in bubble-wrap...Enough.. I can't take any more.(I haven't told many about that incident)
Mama Sue and Daddy Seth

Staci said...

What, I don't get the bubble wrap thing... Did I miss Something? But that really is a good idea because he is such a MESS!!!!

Kati said...

Ummmmm...a little confused mom. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Steve, you are a freaking mess. When Paul drops the log next time...he needs to yell "TIMBER!"
That way you can get out of the way...don't you know that your middle finger can't stop a log from falling? I know you use that finger a lot...flipping everyone off and all. Look how natural that picture looks...flipping us all off. So...want my advice? Either stop using that middle finger so much so it can gain enough strenth, or stop logging before you get yourself killed.
Love ya dumb a$$!!!
Kati

Billie Sue said...

Oh my! I came to you site AGAIN today to answer your question about Mexico and saw your new post! I was dying laughing at the legal finger---I'm sorry I laughed, but it was just too much! It sounds like you both took this in stride, however. Please be careful....you little daredevil!
Okay. here's the scoop on Mexico and the dentist....my sister, Bonnie, lives in Blythe, California, which is just about one hour plus from Yuma, Arizon, which is 5 minutes from Algedones, Mexico. They have lived there for almost 15 years. During her time there, she has tried to get all her relatives to come down and visit them--why would you WANT to go to Blythe, California? She finally talked Mom and Dad into coming and spending part of the winter. While there, with the rest of the world of snowbirds, she talked them into going to the dentist in Algadones. We all about had a fit, but they loved it. Bonnie kept telling the rest of us how reasonable and good the work was. We all laughed and then her husband went on an ER visit to the dentist in Blythe and it all ended up terrible, with lots of problems following. To make a long story short...Earl finally said he was going and went without me. He got LOTS of work done for LITTLE pesos. So, the next spring, I just happen to see a report on Good Morning American, with Matt Lauer, on medical and dental care abroad. Right there before my eyes was Algadones and the name of the dentist Earl had gone to. So, Rob and I decided we dared go. We went and it was so nice. Our insurance was happy to pay on it, because it saved them money too. I have recommended it to many of my friends and they have discovered the great savings as well. It is difficult to get appointments in the winter, because everyone in America over the age of 60-65 is in Algadones going to the dentist! When Luke ended up needing so much work, I suggested they go there. Rick was a little nervous, but they decided to go check it out and if they didn't like it, they would just have a nice little vacation with Aunt Bonnie and check out shopping in Algadones. That is the story! The whole visit (being anesthetized and all) was less than Billie Jo's 20% she paid on Tess to have the same thing. The dentist we go to recommended a pediatric dentist and it all worked out. We had been babying a tooth of Giselle's for about a year and spent well over $1,000 on it. The dentist told her he couldn't do anything more other than a root canal and a crown, which he gave us the price of $1,500 for both. When we called down to see what the comparative prices were, the root canals are $175 and the crowns are $150. Giselle had hers done and I had one done that I had a root canal in, but just had the temporary because I didn't think I could afford the crown. We were referred to an endodontist for the root canals and then our regular dentist did the crowns. The cost was $650 for all of it. Does that explain it?

The Preece Family said...

Staci - those pictures are really gross! Sorry, but they are. Glad that he's ok though! It could have been so much worse as you can only imagine! And I'm not suprised the med student couldn't fix the finger...those darn med students don't know what they're doing in the first place ;)

Chelsea Johnson said...

That actually sounds like a fun Saturday to me, but considering the fact that I see blood and guts everyday--it would sound fun! I don't know if you knew, but I am actually an x-ray tech, so I really loved seeing his finger like that--kind of morbid, I know, but thats what working in the medical profession does to you!!! Yes, Tasia did give me that book, so start finding a swaddlers anonymous class for our babies! She swears by it too! Thanks for your comments--I love seeing what goes on in your lives! I hope Steve feels better--my husband is 30, and I'm kind of starting to worry about him too! What are we gonna do with these old men?

Anonymous said...

Staci, I just hope your child grows to adulthood with all her fingers... since I seem to remember a certain other someone who had quite the incident with one of hers. But, seriously... perhaps you should restrict Steve's activities a little more, more along the lines of things that he would be just a tad mmore safe doing.

Anonymous said...

Staci,
Knowing Steve from high school this does not at all surprise me. I would however think that as he got older he may become somewhat wiser. I think that he should write a will and possibly a oath and covenant to you and Sienna that he will NOT try anything that dangerously stupid again. When you look back on this one day you will just laugh!