Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tag, It's my turn...

Kati was getting mad that I have not done this yet, so here it goes...


Jobs That I Have Had...

My fist job ever was at the Oakley Polar King... I worked there from age 14-18. This is also the place where I lost my finger... (Yes, Both my husband and I are missing a finger.) Trust me, that is the first thing I checked when I had my baby!!!

After I got married I took a job at the yearbook company Herff Jones in Logan. I edited yearbooks and helped arrange photos... I HATED this job... If I could change on job I have ever had, I would have never worked here~

I worked at a Pediatric Clinic in Logan where I did all of the billing... Well, I guess not all of the billing, I entered all of the charges. This was my most useful job... This job prepared me for my future of running my husbands office. Without this job I would not be able to do what I do... Thanks to Carol for training me so well... I also learned a lot about kids so I have to say I'm not to paranoid as a mother... I know when to call the doctor and when it's no big deal...

While living in Oregon the only jobs I had were working for Eye Doctors. The first job was at Hillsboro Eye Clinic where I worked for 8 doctors and then I downsized and went to a clinic with just one doctor... I learned to edge the lenses, and work patients up for the doctor...

When I moved back to Utah I was sick of working in the Medical field so I worked at the Park City Marriott... I did several things there... Worked at the front desk, was a reservations agent but my favorite was being a waitress in the restaraunt... I loved doing this... I made a ton of money in little time!

Now I just work for the hubby two days a week... Tough Life I know...

Place to go for a weekend getaway...
Lava Hot Springs, The Uintah Mountains Camping, Las Vegas.

Movies I could watch over and over:

10 things I hate about you
Tommy Boy
Meet the Parents

Guilty Pleasures...
Reading... I read about two books a week... I like pretty much anything but my favorites are James Patterson, Anita Stansfield, Rachel Ann Nunes, Michele Ashman Bell, and of course the Stephanie Meyers series... Can't she write those any faster???

Places I have lived:
Utah, Oregon, Hawaii, & Colorado

1st thing I thought of when I saw my husband:
He is so Hot.... I just want one date with him... My family didn't know his real name for about a month because I just called him Hot Boy!

Place I have been on Vacation:
Hawaii
California
Florida
Catalina Island
I'm working on going to Fiji but the husband isn't going for it.

Favorite Foods:
Anything from La Casita, Salad from the Claim Jumper, Prime Rib (that we have for Thanksgiving because my Nana dis-likes the turkey guy!

In A Jam with the husband, Tactic to get out of it?
CRY!!!! The lip quiver kills him and the baby girl inherited that from me so he is so DEAD!!!

Places I would rather be right now...
Hawaii, Fiji, Anywhere warm with a beach!

Who sent this to me?
Kati

I tag whoever is bored and feels like doing it....

6 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

Great responses--its fun to get an insight into other people's lives!

Billie Sue said...

Love the finger story -- it's a good one! The tags are so fun and interesting. Thanks for starting it up, Kati.

Anonymous said...

This is Staci's mom, we had to tell her no she could not have any more jobs in high school. She wanted to work at the Gap and we had to put our foot down.. She also worked at Seven Peaks as a Life Guard and gave private swim lessons.... I think she worked at the Kamas pool also.. She was not our lazy daughter.. in fact we said enough.. She also raised steers which was a full time job, for several years...Good job, Staci you have always been a hard worker and you deserve a little time off after putting your cute husband through school.....
Love Mama Sue

Anonymous said...

What happened to your finger? I never knew that. You are so funny. I am so glad that we all have this little connection. Steve is so luckly to have you and you deserve Fiji!!!

Kati said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Staci said...

I thought the whole Kamas valley knew about the dumb girl who cut her finger off at the OPK. I was 14 and on my way to the county fair to take me steer over. My dad was in the hospital so my Uncle Ty was taking me over. We stopped at the the PK to get a drink and Diana was cleaning the ice machine out. So stupid Staci stuck her hand down into the ice crusher... It took off the tip of my middle finger and nipped the two other ones. It pulled the nail bed out so I have a bone that looks like a nail... It really sounds gross but looks pretty normal. You would have to look really close to notice it and I am very good at hiding it. It's usually tucked under so you can't see it. I learned to write different and I get so many comments on how I hold a pen. So you see my husband and I we're a match made in heaven. Also a funny story about my finger incident. I was reading my journal a couple weeks ago and Jenny Smoot brought me a get well present and guess what she brought me? Nail polish. I never really thought how funny that gift was until reading back through my journal. I remember one year for prom we put a fake nail on it and it hurt so bad I had to rip it off... I'll have to take a picture of it and post it so you don't think I'm walking around with half a finger with a bone hanging off... It really looks pretty normal for what I went through. Thank heavens for Primary Childrens Hospital for doing such a great job!