Monday, September 17, 2007

My Baby Sister...

I have been thinking and stressing a lot about my little sister lately... She is always in my thoughts and the concerns I feel for her I know are just normal stuff but I just wanted to let her know how amazing she is... I do not know another person more beautiful then she is. She constantly amazes me with the things that she can do. The talent that she possesses scares me sometimes. I look at her and admire her for all that she does. She has felt a little lost these past couple months... I don't know if lost is the right word, but confused on things that have taken place. It kills me to see her hurt and see people hurt her. If I could I would take all the evil away and let her live in a little bubble. The thing that is hard for me to understand is that most of what she is going through is normal. Most people go through this, I didn't... I was married when I was 18 and had my life mapped out for me. I supported my husband in the decisions that he made and didn't really have to figure out things for myself. Thank Heavens~

When she comes to me for advice I give her my honest opinion but also follow it up with reassurance that whatever she chooses I will support her. She is my best friend... Both sister are. Her faith, love, and commitment to life amaze me. I can't believe she really is my baby sister... How did I get so lucky to have her as my sister? I just hope I can live my life in a way for her to follow... The things that I have learned from her have helped me so much and I constantly sit back in aw, knowing that this little girl is 6 years younger then me, teaching me things that I should already know... So Nicki, Thank you... Thanks for being you... The funny, outgoing, crazy, fun, adventurous, beautiful, amazing girl that you are... Without you I don't know what life would be like... And here you are, almost 21... Almost a legal adult... Where did the time go? By the way... Where is your blog???? I have been asking you to do it for weeks now... If you don't do it I am going to get really really really MAD!!!!!


4 comments:

The Richards family said...

Hey Staci!! I just got your comment on my blog (I am kinda slow) I hope everyone at Aspen is being nice to Nikki, I will have to talk to her about my experience there. I hope she likes it. Isn't it horrible we worry soo much about our younger siblings,But it is a good thing we have them!! Imagine how we will feel about our children.The scary thing is we are responsible for them.

Anonymous said...

Staci, It is so good of you to be concerned for Nik. I remember being 21 and trying to figure out life. It would have been nice to have an older sister to talk to. It was not easy and there were tons of times I just wanted to run away and start over but then when I least expected it someone, Tim, walked right into my life and there were all the answers I was looking for. I think that Nik is so amazing it will be hard to find someone who can do her justice. You are doing the right thing by encouraging her along the way. We all have our free agengy it is just up to us how we choose to apply it. She'll do great.

Chelsea Johnson said...

You are a wonderful older sister, and that is probably just what she needs it to have the support of a great family. She has always kind of been my little sister too, considering she spent so much time with Giselle while they were growing up! Let her know we all love her!

Billie Sue said...

It's so beautiful to read of your love and concern for your "baby" sister. Nik is one of our little loves too. We think the world of her and are amazed at her talents and abilities. She has been taught what's right and she has wonderful older examples to look to for guidance....she will be just fine! Seth and Sue taught all you kids how to go about life!