Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm wishing and Hoping...

So I have been trying to talk my husband into taking me back to Hawaii... It's not going very well... He thinks that just because we lived there means that we never have to go back... So I decided to remind him how great Hawaii was and maybe it will kick his butt into taking me there... We lived there for three months. Steve completed one of his clinical rotations at the Honolulu VA hospital. I have to say it was a pretty AMAZING 3 months! Our house over looked Pearl Harbor and Waikiki Beach. All I did was hang out at the beach all day while Steve worked!!! So here's to Hawaii... And my total wishful thinking...
Steve & Jeremy swimming. One of the highlights of living there was spear fishing. When Jeremy & Paul came over they actually saw a shark... It was pretty funny watching them book it out of the water as Paul was yelling "SHARK" through his snorkel. Another time when Nicki and Todd were visiting we took them spear fishing with us. Todd speared a puffer fish and when Steve saw what it was he was screaming at him to flip it off his spear because they release a toxic substance. So he flips it off and it comes flying in Nicki and my direction... Funny times... I speared a few fish but I mostly just used the spear to poke things on the ocean floor.
Here's a Gecko... I actually had a smaller one that was stalking me. He was upstairs in our bedroom and I made Steve take him outside and in the process of catching him, Steve cut his tail off. Then the next night the stupid thing was back upstairs above our bed taunting me... I think the Gecko above, was named Bob by Nicki... It was weird having those things all over the house. They would hide behind picture frames. I got used to having them around. They were way better then the stinking cock roaches that were EVERYWHERE!!!!
Ruby & Paul in front of the Temple.

Jeremy & Tasia, another Temple shot
These boys look so innocent in this picture... But the wives know better...
Happy Birthday Tasia... I think this was her 20th birthday...
Wow, does he look excited to go to work or what? He had to wear a Hawaiian shirt to work on Fridays.
Paul & Ruby at Pearl Harbor.
Another View from our house.

This is where Tasia almost died... She fell and lost her flip flop. We really almost lost her... The funny thing is, 10 minutes after losing her flip flop the waves flipped it back out to us... I'm pretty sure it was the funniest things I have seen. Tasia was pretty scraped up from almost dying.


Night Time View

Yep, That's my husband... Waikiki Main Street!
Jeremy & Tasia... I'm pretty sure this is when we went and celebrated Tasia's birthday at the Cheesecake Factory...


View from The House... How lucky are we?
So Steve, Can we go back or what????

9 comments:

Tasia said...

That makes me miss it really bad. Tell you what.. You talk Steve into it and Jeremy and I will come along again. I am sure we could get Ruby on board as well. Maybe this time we could try Maui or the Big Island.

Tasia said...

Jeremy just confirmed that we can go with you when you go again!

Staci said...

Yeah, I will get right on that and get Steve to take me... Maybe you should work on him as well...

Kati said...

ummmmmm....why did you spear that frog? That is really morbid and gross. My sister the frog killer. I didn't know that about you. I think I will have a hard time with this for a few days. I am going to turn that picture into the Hawaii FBI. And.....did you forget to invite Mat and me? Hello!

Staci said...

I told you the frog got "RAN OVER" that's the story and I'm sticking to it...

Anonymous said...

Ummm.... excuse me jerk. I went to Hawaii too and not ONE picture is up! That's it... we're fighting.

The Preece Family said...

If you go back, we want to come too this time! Those were amazing photos! I can't believe you had such a great view, etc. I LOVE HAWAII! It's the best...

Staci said...

Umm Nicki every photo of you had a certain somebody who we will refer to as "BOB" and I didn't want to post any of those! DUH

michelle said...

Staci , it's me michelle I love to look at the pictures of sienna, and compare them to my sophia, since there only a few days apart. She is a doll. I hate to tell ya ,but we just got back from Hawaii, check out my blog!!! My lil sister lives on kaui. Hope the surgery went well for that babes ears.